Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mis communication

I worked as a car stereo installer at circuit city a few years ago. During this time period, I experienced mis communication errors quite often. This usually was a result of the salesmen not communicating what was to be done to the car on paper. The biggest mistake however, was a very large sale that I had made. The customer had purchased 2 different sets of speakers one to be installed in the front, and the other in the back. For some unknown reason they had a preference. I was going to do the install, but ended up getting caught up on another vehicle. The installer put the speakers in the wrong spots unknowingly. Everything functioned fine, but to the customer it was the end of the world. The lady literally broke down in tears and had a breakdown, even though I told her it wouldn't take more then thirty minute to fix the problem.


This communication error could have been solved if I had properly wrote down on the work order what was to be done. Since I thought I was going to do the install however, it was not. In the end everything was worked out, and I was able to see how truly crazy customers can get when things are not 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment